Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fetish Night--say what?

Fetish night--say what??? I didn't feel I could possibly leave for a week long vacation until I posted a blog about lasts nights big outing--and by big I mean REALLY big. Ryan and I have a new friend we are really into and she asked if we wanted to go to AREA 51 with her and her girlfriend and witness the freak show that is "fetish night". Of course we were game, being the avid people watchers that we are. So, our dear friend told us she naturally thought of us because it was "Hollywood" night and people would come dressed as "Hollywood" themed characters. Perfect! I wore a blue silk skin tight Kay Unger dress from Nordstrom that looked like it was right off the the Mad Men wardrobe rack. I did my hair in victory rolls and completed the outfit with bright red lipstick and some insane black patent leather heels. I even carried a tiny beaded purse my grandma Olive gave me. Ryan wore a black suit with a white dress shirt and a black tie. He completed his look with a black felt fedora and sun glasses. Together we were a sight to behold.
To start the night off, we took our daughter out to dinner as a little treat for being such a sweetheart. She wore her beautiful new Easter dress and a special little necklace Ryan and I bought for her. She and I had gone together earlier in the day to have our nails done. We were all dolled up and off to the Olive Garden (Ava Graces favorite restaurant). After dinner we dropped Ava at home with the sitter, had a few drinks to start off the evening and headed off to the club.
Well, imagine our surprise when we arrived, looking smashing of course, and found we were the only people dressed like Hollywood movie stars. We entered the club and met our darling friend and her girlfriend and headed upstairs. We were greeted by a tall thin heavily pierced, heavily tattooed young man wearing a dog collar and baggy black pants with lots, I mean LOTS of chains--and a mohawk. I thought to myself "Well, aren't you going to be out of place." To my surprise he was not out of place at all in his outfit. It was US who were out of place not being dressed like we were attending a local showing of the Rocky Horror picture show. We proceeded to wander about taking in all the sights and sounds around us. First of all, the smoke, My God, the smoke. Not cigarette smoke but literal smoke machine smoke. Why on earth does a place need that much smoke billowing around? It was as if at any moment one of those fashionable young men might be a magician about to pull a rabbit out of those awful baggy black pants. Now the next thing we saw were people dancing. However, they were not really dancing at all, it was more like...flailing about, as my mom might say, arms swinging in every which way and people moving about randomly. We watched in amazement as our friend and her GF went to get some drinks. We moved on out of the haze, literally the haze, and went in to the "demo room". This is where the real fetishes took place. Ahhh, the fetishes. You could be whipped or hogtied or even vacuum sucked if you wished. We all stood there, our mouths open watching in horror as this poor over sized women (apparently big girls LOVE fetish night) got into the vacuum chamber and got squished. It was very entertaining. We finally felt a picture was in order but quickly got shut down as apparently people who display themselves in these extremely public displays of fetishism don't like getting photographed. They must be like the Amish. It was really the worst part not being able to take a picture. We did however, get permission to take a picture from the girl wearing the light up nipple clamps.
So, we finally decided that since no one from our party was going to get in the vacuum chamber we should probably head out. I sure as shit was going to get that new 300.00 dress dirty in that sweaty vacuum chamber. Plus, we are leaving for a vacation this morning and we needed to get some sleep. So, my thoughts about fetish night? Well, it was an experience you might want to be more prepared for if your not part of that scene. However, I will probably be going to fetish night again next month--and when I do I will definitely wear my light up nipple clamps--and so will Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment